Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sweet Sunbeams

By Sister U.:

We talked about being reverent in Sunbeams last Sunday and my kids were priceless. I taught the kids in the class that if someone new at church doesn't know how to be reverent, the best thing we can do is show them our best example of being reverent. They were ANGELS today! I can't describe to you how amazingly reverent they were today. We went on a reverence walk through the church, and I sat them in the back pew of the chapel. I told them a story about being reverent, and they seemed to understand it perfectly. I taught them that they were showing Heavenly Father that they love him when they are reverent. They seemed to get that pretty well. So then we talked a little bit about how they know Heavenly Father loves them. Here are what some of the kids said,



Me: L., how do you know Heavenly Father loves you?

L.: "He helps me be good!"



Me: O., how do you know that Heavenly Father Loves you?

O.: My family told me. I believe them.



Me: C., how do you know Heavenly Father loves you?

C.: Because it's true.

Me: How do you know?

C.: I just do.



How simple is that faith! They're so beautiful. Thank you for letting me teach your children on Sundays. :) They really brighten up my week!

1 comment:

Dory said...

Thank you for sharing that. It's so good to know what's going on with my kids in primary and to know they are learning and are in such good hands.

Thank you